2019 Tsunami Preparedness Week PSA Video Contest
(CONTEST HAS ENDED)
Calling all high school Audio/Visual clubs, video production and graphic design students, Associated Student Body clubs, visual and performing arts classes, or any other high school student(s) with a creative eye and an interest in disaster preparedness:
Do you have what it takes to make the BEST tsunami preparedness PSA video in the region?!
Make a splash this Tsunami Preparedness Week and help your family, friends and neighbors know what to do!
🌊 🌊 🌊
Here are the rules:
- The video should be between 30 to 60 seconds long.
- The video should accurately demonstrate what to do before, during and after a tsunami, show the importance of disaster preparedness, and mention ReadySanDiego.org.
- The video can be live, animated, use graphics and/or stop-motion.
- Be creative and have FUN!
How to submit the video:
- The video can be uploaded to YouTube and Vimeo.
- The video link should be sent by email, with the subject “Tsunami Preparedness PSA”, to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 11:59 p.m. on Friday, March 22, 2019. Video .mp4 files sent via WeTransfer will also be accepted.
- Submissions should include phone and email contact information, and the name(s) and grade level(s) of each student on the team
(1st Place Winner!)
By sophomore CoSA animation students Ariane Ferrer, Lucy Greenberg, and Tulasi Napolitani.
By CoSA students Camryn Kimura and Patricio Conde.
By CoSA students Sofia Cohen and David Norris-Roa.
CoSA sophomore film student Romeo Baldomero.
By Jack Canada and Bradley Dickson.
By CoSA sophomore Cole Laing.
By CoSA sophomore Mariana Cabrera-Harari
The winning video will be announced after Tsunami Preparedness Week! (March 25-29).
The chosen winner or winning team will:
- Be published on the County’s News Center site, which will be sent to local media stations!
- Have their video featured County’s main social media channels.
- Get special County recognition.
Additional rules and judging criteria:
- Video should demonstrate creativity and originality.
- Video must demonstrate accurate and factual information.
- Style, video quality and audio quality are encouraged.
- Please no violence, profanity, drugs, suggestive material and/or nudity.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com
Don’t forget to follow us too for more preparedness tips and emergency information!